Sunday, April 15, 2007

chili time!




That'll teach me to work too hard down the
allotment! I got sick over the holidays and I think it was my body
telling me to ease off with the digging in the heat! The girlfriend
thinks I am soft but I was ill man! Anyway, her family have also been
over from Germany. We took them to Kew which was nice. I was particularly impressed by the display of chili plants in the Lilly house. I am now endeavouring to recreate a chili display in the loft bedroom! Here are my starting seeds.

I am now limiting the amount of time I spend digging up roots and old bits of carpet. A bit everyday seems more realistic than a whole bed every time I go down there. Also, how are my seedlings supposed to germinate when the ground is dry as a bone? Should I be watering everything from potatoes to parsips? Hmmm ...I kinda think a bit of water from the watering can makes zip loads of difference anyway.

2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

I am unsure of whether to water my potatoes. I've watered seedlings and where I planted seeds, but I left the potatoes alone after their first lot of water that I gave them after planting. Hope they do ok!

Luke Bridges said...

Thanks for your posts. If the dutch have had similar rainfall to us recently then I expect the problem is solved by now!